We have an exciting UX UI Designer role for an educational, representative & regulatory body within the legal profession.
The ideal candidate will be a creative self-starter who will help deliver a first-class end-user experience on a flagship website redesign for the company’s audiences.
Reporting to the Head of Web and Digital Media and working closely with the Development team, you will analyse and evaluate user requirements, illustrate design ideas using storyboards and process flows, and provide the UX/UI design specification for implementation by software developers.
You will have a keen interest in content and user journeys and will be responsible for evaluating and consistently updating and refining processes and content architecture and will lead on the content mapping and migration to the new design templates.
This is a great opportunity for a UX/UI designer to make a real difference to the services the firm provides to members, to the public, to staff and how we work to deliver those services.
- Define and ideate – Help to define new projects from the ground up.
- Research – Use data from end-user feedback, business objectives, technical considerations, primary research, and industry leaders and competitors to deliver a first-class user experience.
- Illustrate – Produce design specifications for user interface elements and user experience processes including prototypes, mock-ups, and other visual designs and user flows.
- Content Design – Determine information architecture and map the content migration from the current website to the new templates, advise on reformatting and rewriting where necessary, and ideate on user flows to ensure complex information is intuitively displayed.
- Communication – Present your work to key stakeholders including the Head of Web and Digital and the Development team.
- Visual standards – Prepare, maintain, and follow UI style guides, visual strategies, page layouts, processes, and icons based on the most up-to-date UX/UI trends,techniques, and technologies.
- Analyse and improve – Work with and improve the user experience offered by both our legacy and new software, providing wireframes and storyboards for UX improvements that are validated through research and testing.
- Problem solving – Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to make recommendations that translate business issues and needs into relevant, actionable research plans and objectives.
- Usability testing – Assist with usability testing to ensure gold standard design, and specifically work on the compatibility of the Law Society’s online application forms with the new design templates.
- Work alongside an Agile Development Team – Collaborate with Developers to ensure your designs are implemented and functionally complete to a high standard.
- A UX/UI or digital design qualification is preferred and a strong portfolio of work.
- A minimum of 4 years’ experience as a designer using UX/UI fundamentals and best practices as well as visual design to bring business-oriented web applications to life.
- Experience working on web applications from conception of an idea through development team execution and beyond.
- Experience working with existing research, conducting independent quantitative and qualitative research, presenting results, and turning results into actionable insights where appropriate.
- Proven and demonstrable experience with website navigation, page routing, product page design and more.
- Proven experience finding creative ways to solve UX problems.
- Proven experience understanding user needs for web-based content, tools, and transactional services, especially those with complex user journeys.
- Experience of audience modelling and developing data-driven personas.
- Track record of collaborative working with content teams, developers, data analysts, subject specialists, and external suppliers.
- Significant experience of user-centred design practices and implementing QA process for designs.
- Experience of developing and implementing a UX strategy.
- Agile methodology experience.
- Proven experience defining, working within, and expanding upon design systems that will connect with our members.
- Strong communication and presentation skills with the ability to clearly articulate complex problems to a variety of audiences and stakeholders.
- An impeccable eye for detail.
If this sounds like an exciting role for you, please contact me for a confidential chat, firstname.lastname@example.org
TalentHub very much appreciates candidates who take the time to apply for our roles. In an ideal world, we would be able to reply personally to each and every candidate. However, due to receiving large volumes of applications, this is not always possible, and we can often only reply to candidates who match the requirements from our client briefs.
But if this isn’t the right match, please do follow our social channels to be alerted on other roles and we hope to speak to you about your perfect role very soon.