We are thrilled to announce a fantastic new opportunity with one of the world’s leading online travel agents. Our client is actively looking for an enthusiastic and ambitious tech engineer to join their global team as Tech Lead.
This is the perfect opportunity for someone with experience in team leadership – as well as front & back-end development – to work with and manage some of the most talented developers, product, and tech professionals the industry has to offer. The chosen candidate will be offered a very competitive salary with a full range of benefits and, if desired, can work in a fully remote capacity.
· The role requires killer coding skills 60% of time but it’s more about managing people using 40% of the remaining time and priorities through strong communication, empathy and flexibility
· Set the direction for the development and QA team members, making sure everyone understands and follows major technical decisions
· Represent and advocate for the team at company and department level
· Keep projects aligned with company objectives
· Mentor junior and mid-level engineers
· Work with senior staff to ensure engineering best practice is discussed, implemented, and followed
· Help establish a culture of continuous learning in your team, where there is a collective understanding that anyone can speak up, contribute ideas, make mistakes and grow.
· Provide clarity to your team and others by setting expectations on project deliverables. Understand which projects are on track and which are blocked
· Deliver specific feedback frequently to your team
· Take ownership of applications from inception to production monitoring and support
· Develop robust and scalable solutions to support high traffic applications.
· Contribute clean, secure and maintainable code, and drive the same high standard among your team
· Contribute to the evolution of the overall product/system architecture
· Optimise code for performance and scalability and security
· Work with product owners/managers to plan and scope projects and features, working closely with technical and business teams at each stage of the development lifecycle
· Ability to work with a microservice architecture
· Own the code and team to drive improvements as needed.
Get In Touch!
If you would like to learn more about this exciting opportunity, please email me at email@example.com
If this opportunity does not sound like the right fit, we would still love to hear from you and help you find your perfect job!
TalentHub very much appreciates candidates who take the time to apply for our roles. In an ideal world, we would be able to reply personally to each and every candidate. However, due to receiving large volumes of applications, this is not always possible, and we can often only reply to candidates who match the requirements from our client briefs.