Product Design Manager
We are thrilled to announce an exciting opportunity with the world’s leading universal top-up service. Our client is looking for an innovative, impactful, creative thinker to lead their ambitious team of talented product designers as Product Design Manager. The chosen candidate will get the opportunity to make their mark on the company by driving customer satisfaction, achieving strategic outcomes through driving research impact across the company’s product squads. This is a brilliant opportunity to have a major impact with the biggest player in the global top-up market.
The chosen candidate will:
- Take responsibility for the overall function of the design team, with accountability for its success
- Manage, mentor and inspire a team of 3 product designers and 1 researcher, providing design direction and elevating the standard of design work
- Push the boundaries of the team’s research, UX and UI execution, inspiring them to explore new and divergent ideas on how to solve problems
- Identify where new design hires will create impact across the organisation and help us hire and onboard the best people to work at the company
- Ensure designers and researchers deliver on expectations and meet customer needs, removing blockers to great product design
- Define and uphold structures for design rituals, knowledge sharing and collaboration
- Maintain visibility across all design and research related activities, regularly communicating how we are performing and how we can improve
- Work with product management to drive coherence across product squads
- Work with cross-functional peers and stakeholders to coordinate and plan discovery and delivery efforts.
The perfect candidate will have:
· Experience managing product designers, with demonstrable commitment to their personal and collective success
· Both an incredible eye for detail and an ability to think big, break new ground, innovate, and impact the business
· Experience leading teams designing for mobile (native apps and mobile web) and desktop web
· Strong design experience with knowledge of the full stack of user-centred design, and the ability to articulate it in a meaningful way to diverse stakeholders
· A strong track record and a body of work that demonstrates clear wins to user and business impact, and have delivered impressive work within information architecture, interaction design, animations, and polished products
· Excellent people management skills and a genuine care for the individuals that make up the design team, their teamwork, and the overall design culture
· Have built healthy relationships with cross functional team members and executives, and effectively speak to process, design goals and team vision as a strong representative of the design team
If you would like to learn more about this exciting opportunity, please email me at email@example.com
If this opportunity does not sound like the right fit, we would still love to hear from you and help you find your perfect job!
TalentHub very much appreciates candidates who take the time to apply for our roles. In an ideal world, we would be able to reply personally to each and every candidate. However, due to receiving large volumes of applications, this is not always possible, and we can often only reply to candidates who match the requirements from our client briefs.