We have an exciting IT Director role for someone looking to continue delivering career work. The role is with one of the leading roadside retailers in the Irish, UK and US market. As of mid-2020, the business had grown its annual revenue significantly and is looking to grow and transform its digital team.
The successful candidate will be a highly driven, adaptable, and confident people person who can thrive in a rapidly changing organisation and will adopt a hands-on approach to their role. Our client is seeking a high calibre and talented senior IT professional who has a proven track record operating at leadership level and of finding innovative digital solutions to drive efficiencies across the business.
• Lead and manage the IT Function for the Irish business providing the necessary strategic direction.
• Responsible for the planning and execution of technology projects and systems implementations in an organised and effective manner.
• Enhancing the customer experience through delivery of intelligent and integrated digital solutions.
• Establish strong relationships with service users in Ireland to ensure they are getting the most value from the IT services/technology available.
• Identify the need for upgrades, configurations or new systems and provide a clear strategic plan where required to deliver.
• Develop and manage the Ireland IT budget and track associated spend, ensuring strong return on investment.
• Develop end to end in-country IT metrics and reporting to monitor and assess the performance of and improvement opportunities of the service.
• Develop, implement and manage optimal IT related business practices and processes.
• Identify trends and opportunities to implement process efficiencies.
• Responsible for IT infrastructure at each retail site in Ireland ensuring appropriate support and backups in place for business continuity at all times.
• Responsible for Integration Systems and Data Analysis services across Ireland.
• Work with the company CIO on delivering Group strategic initiatives and standards attending Group COE meetings and providing country input for group reporting.
• Contribute to the broader Ireland senior management team and to the broader IT community also as required.
What do you need to have?
• Honours degree in IT or related discipline. Masters or postgraduate also advantageous in related field.
• Minimum of 10 years relevant IT experience in related field, with at least 3 years in an IT senior management/IT Director level position.
• Experiencing managing IT budgets, costs and return on spend essential.
• Prior experience with Azure or AWS preferable.
• ITIL framework experience essential.
• Prior experience of ServiceNow and SAP also a distinct advantage.
• Experience in retail environment preferred.
If this sounds like an exciting role for you, please contact me for a confidential chat, email@example.com
TalentHub very much appreciates candidates who take the time to apply for our roles. In an ideal world, we would be able to reply personally to every candidate. However, due to receiving large volumes of applications, this is not always possible, and we can often only reply to candidates who match the requirements from our client briefs.
If this isn’t the right match, please do follow our social channels to be alerted on other roles and we hope to speak to you about your perfect role very soon.